Doors today are made from durable materials that are aesthetically appealing and reliable. Your choice of entry door can create an impact and enhance your home’s curb appeal while your interior doors can create a lasting impression of your home to your guests. Know more about the wood, types, and finish that make your doors in Austin TX beautiful and functional. Here are some terms you might want to know about:
- Bird Peck: While searching for food, birds damage trees as they peck on them. This may cause obvious spots or wounds on the tree.
- Heartwood: This is the dead center of the tree that can easily be noticed due to its dark shade.
- Certified Wood: Wood products are evaluated by independent third party agencies such as the Forest Stewardship Council or FSC under their stringent requirements for practices that are environment-friendly.
- French Door: Featuring a timeless design, this type of door is composed of rails and stiles. It has a hinge on the side and it swings inward and outward.
- Louver Door: You can bring in some fresh air and natural light into your home with a Louver door as it features an assembly of slats. It works well for the bathroom and laundry, where air must circulate sufficiently.
Look & Finish
- Blending: This is the effect when your door’s finish looks as if it changes color. This enhances the overall look of your door as it features a 3D appeal.
- Brashness: What you call the condition when the wood has low shock resistance. Its grain may look brazen, which can give your doors an antique appeal.
- Rustic: Some wooden doors are not well-refined giving you a rough finish. This gives the door its natural-looking appearance.
From material to type to finish, you can benefit from having exquisite doors for years. For your exterior and interior doors in Texas that can last beautifully for years, let the design consultants of Renewal by Andersen® of Austin help you.
We are the leading source for top of the line doors and sliding patio doors in Austin Texas. Contact us for more information.